Friday, November 1, 2013

We Come Running

Friday, November 1, 2013
Almost every time I set up to do an outfit shoot, a song pops into my head that seems to set the mood for the whole shoot. We Come Running by Youngblood Hawke has been stuck in my head and I actually tried to get some running shots, but alas it's quite difficult when all you're shooting alone.

I think it's pretty obvious that burgundy is my power color. It's so rich and deep, cozy and complex all at the same time. It complements my skin tone and looks killer with black and white. I actually bought this skirt last year at the H&M opening since it was only $3, but this was the first time I've worn it since it's so thin. This is also the debut of my new sunglasses that I picked up at Forever 21. I fell in love with the Ray Ban Erika's but could never justify the price tag. When I saw some super similar ones on the F21 website, I went running to Forever as soon as I could. (See what I did there?) They have a matte finish which is unique, and a nice and dark gradient which I looove.

I'm so ready for the weekend. I have a crap ton of physics that I don't really understand and I have to volunteer at our fall fest, but on my brother's birthday is on saturday, so on Sunday we'll just have a fun family lazy day which I'm really looking forward to. I only see my brother about once a week... eve though his room is two doors down from mine. The start-up life is a super busy life.







Top and Skirt: H&M >> Cardigan: Zara >> Necklace and Sunglasses: Forever 21

6 comments :

  1. you are so beautiful :) you're outfit posts of fantastic love your style!
    // www.holasolla.blogspot.co.uk //

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaaaaahd you're so gorgeous! burgundy is SO your power color. and i love the in-the-moment action shots you're able to capture. do a posing post pretty please? i need the halp!

    also, the colors in these photos are killuh. you're so dang talented!


    xo nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you still use the Nifty 50 to shoot because these pictures look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I still use my 50mm but shot at a different time of day, it was overcast, and I started editing with VSCO which is why these pictures look different from my previous outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks love! I'll work on doing a posing post soon! My friend Jessica and I started a small photography business, and we could really use some practice. Wanna get together and do a shoot sometime soon? Text me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the least creepy way possible, I just found your blog and I'm in love with you already. It might have something to do with your Vampire Weekend costume in the post below (which is probably my favorite costume I've seen this year) or just that you have really amazing style, but either way, you're awesome. I'm a sucker for anything with stripes or burgundy, so this is a no-fail combination in my book. Can't wait to read more from you! :)


    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio