Sunday, November 10, 2013

Fall Wishlist

Sunday, November 10, 2013
Pants >> Socks >> Shoes >> Jacket >> Skirt >> Bag

Every once in a while, Texas weather likes to do this thing where it gets cold, and stays cold for a little while before returning to its' normal, and ungodly hot temperatures. It seems that once fall and winter come around I look into my puny cold weather wardrobe and before I can even think about buying some winter wear, the weather changes again. Despite the fact that everything is grey and cold, and that I rather hibernate than go out in the winter, I still try to look somewhat decent on those days when I drag myself out of the comfort on my bed to attempt to socialize go out. I put together a small list of my fall essentials that would still work for spring and even summer.

My love for cardigans is vast, but sometimes you need a thicker jacket, instead of defaulting to a hoodie, to keep you warm. Army green is obviously perfect for fall, and a utility jacket would be the perfect finishing piece for any outfit.

Corduroy is always pretty popular once the temperature drops. The last pair of cords I had were a really ugly pair of brown, flare cords which were unflattering and didn't go with anything. I'm really considering picking up a pair of skinny cords in a deep emerald or rich maroon. Gap has a variety of colors, and I'm envious of people who can find Gap pants in their size.

I'm all about wearing skirts and dresses in the summer, so for fall I just add some tights for warmth, but I would love to pick up some knee high socks for a different look. I could even layer high socks over sheer tights for some intense layering. I would need some cute booties for dressier occasions, or even when I want to put in effort during the day. The thick heel on those booties from Aldo makes it easy to walk in for extended periods of time. Last but not least would be a basic leather tote, perfect for carrying my camera, an umbrella, or even a jacket around on a fall time adventure.

How are you preparing for the cooler weather? Any items that I didn't list that you would consider essential? Let me know in a comment!

1 comment :

  1. I used to wear tights with skirts and dresses too because really, how cold does it get in SoCal? But lately I've been getting into knee/thigh-highs because with different colors, textures & patterns, they really add an interesting spin on my outfits. I'm also really addicted to any velvet pieces for the fall, especially velvet skirts!

    Ashley
    not haute

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio