Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Winter Lace

Tuesday, January 7, 2014
First day back at school and I can already tell that today is gonna be rough. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year! We had some family from England in town, so most of this break was spent shopping (almost everyday, I kid you not). It was nice to have them in town since I haven't seen them in about four years, but I appreciated the little bit of quite time I got once they left. I've been feeling really down and unmotivated lately. I've been working on putting up blogposts and videos more, but I feel as if I've lost some of that extra oomph. Mid-teen crisis perhaps? I'm hoping that this mood is just because of the crappy weather, I could really use a nice and sunny day!

My darling aunt got me this dress for Christmas. I have a thing for lace dresses and obviously had to wear it asap. Too bad I decided to wear this when it was freezing and windy as heck outside. Having lace sleeves is the same as having NO SLEEVES at all. I might as well have gone out in a bra and underwear because this dress was doing absolutely nothing at providing some warmth, or at least working as a shield from the wind. All in the name of looking cute, right? Luckily, I had my giant tote from Everlane* to work as a shield from the wind. Y'all know I originally had my eyes on a tote from Cuyana, but after comparing the prices I decided that the Everlane was the better choice for now (although I'm still wanting the Cuyana tote, possible grad present?). I'll do a whole post on it once I've had it for a while, but I'm extremely excited to have this to use on a possible trip to Boston over spring break!

Hopefully your day is better than mine and you're wearing something warmer than a lace dress to keep you cozy!






Dress and Necklace: H&M >> Bag: Everlane* >> Tights: Target
*referral link used. by purchasing via those links, I receive credit to use towards another Everlane purchase.

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio