Saturday, January 25, 2014

I am the Captain Now

Saturday, January 25, 2014
I just finished watching Captain Phillips and holy moly that movie was beyond fantastic. I already knew that they would all make it out alive, but the amount of suspense i felt was ridiculous. I was physically shaking for about ten minutes because I couldn’t see how this man would get out alive. Captain Phillips made me feel all the emotions. I laughed (“Captain Phillips is safe and your friends are dead.” I have a dark sense of humor. Sorry not sorry), I felt tense and scared, and I even cried a bit. Not only is Captain Phillips on my list of movies that have made me cry, but it is also on my list of favorite movies ever. 

Tom Hanks and Barkhad Abdi were phenomenal actors as expected. The cinematography was flawless. One of my favorite scenes being the one where the SEAL team is parachuting into the water at night, only coming second to the closing scene where Philips is being examined by the medics (I’d like to point out that I started crying right when Tom Hanks started crying). 

Captain Phillips is a must see in my book. 

*let me know if you enjoy posts that aren't fashion/style related!

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio