Saturday, January 4, 2014

Closet Essentials: Tops+Dresses

Saturday, January 4, 2014

When it comes to dresses, I love how feminine and delicate white lace is. It's perfect for the spring and summer, but is also great for the winter with the right accessories like maroon tights or some sparkly accessories. A T-shirt dress is also an essential because they work for every season and ever occasion while being very comfortable. I wear my maroon dress from forever 21 all the time, and I even made a video on seven ways to wear it. 

Stripes can do no harm in my eyes and a nice striped shirt is perfect to mix with other prints or wear alone with some contrasting colors. I've yet to find an utility jacket that I like for an affordable price, but I've been looking for awhile because they are great to toss over any outfit and keep you warmer than a regular cardigan. I really don't have to explain why a white v-neck is quintessential to any wardrobe, but I will say that my favorite v-necks are from Gap, and I make sure to grab a few when they're on sale. My last essential would have to be a flannel shirt. You can wear them as an actual shirt, unbuttoned over a top, tucked into skirts, layered under dresses the list goes on and on! I'm all about the cozy, oversized flannel life and I've been wearing this flannel from J.Crew Factory almost everyday.

Well, that concludes my the first part of my closet essentials. Are your essential tops and dresses similar to mine, or are their other items that you can't live without?

2 comments :

  1. Lace dresses are my favorite! It's so easy to dress up or dress down. I haven't gotten lucky with finding a t-shirt dress, but I loved how you styled it in so many ways!


    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these items! Lace, stripes, and plaid? All perfect items in my eyes :)


    www.room-334.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio