Monday, January 5, 2015

January Goals

Monday, January 5, 2015
Happy New Year y'all! With a new year comes new resolutions, something that I am notoriously bad at keeping up with. I've made new years resolutions for the past two years (here and here) and I've accomplished approximately zero of them. My problem is that two months into the year, I lose all my steam and only remember my resolutions when we're getting ready to welcome the new year. I've seen a few people make monthly goals, that were smaller and more attainable, and I figured that this way of setting and achieving goals was right up my alley. 

1. Drink at least 24oz of water everyday // My hair and skin get very very dry in the winter, and the fact that I rarely drink water definitely doesn't help. I've read that you're supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces everyday, but I'm trying to ease into the habit of drinking water everyday, so I'm setting my goals low with the intention of slowly increasing the amount of water I intake.

2. Post at least twice a week // Posting consistently has been a goal of mine for quite some time; I stick with it for a while, and then something else gets ahold of me and my motivation drops to zero. I made list of all the things I want to post this month so hopefully that, paired with some extra planning, will help me to get all those posts written and scheduled on time!

3. Clean up my outfit inspo boards on pinterest // So I recently discovered that you can now mass copy/move/delete pins on pinterest. TOTAL GAME CHANGER, Y'ALL. I've been waiting for this for months and I can finally go in and delete all the pins that aren't relevant anymore as well as break things down into smaller groups so it's easier to find things later.

4. Organize all my blog files // For awhile I was pretty good at keeping all my blog files organized...now? Not so much. I organize files by year so I have a fresh start with all the files for newer posts, but I need to go back and organize all the files from the past few months so I know where everything is incase I ever need it.

5. Apply for at least three major scholarships // all my college applications are in (whoo!!) but now it's time to apply for scholarships so I can, ya know, actually afford a college education. 

I'll be doing a check in post towards the end of the month so see how well I do. Is anyone else making any goals or resolutions? I'd love to hear them!

p.s. I'm linking up with Melyssa as a part in her Weekly Wishes

13 comments :

  1. Happy New Year, Toyosi! Awesome new year goals, esspecially the posting twice a week one, eeepp! *is happy* and I'm totally right there with you on the drinking more water goal, I've been terrible about that, and drinking water is soo healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too, Katie! I think you'd be happy to know that i already have 7 (one, two three, four, five, six, SEVENNN!!!) posts scheduled for this month! Also you should try getting a camelbak water bottle! I've neglected mine the past few months, but they are so so sooo helpful in making you drink more water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals - I should have added the water goal to mine too as that's a must for me too! Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was baaad at my water intake previously, well not that I am great at it now but I made it a point to drink a glass after each toilet break. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your scholarships application! As for me, I'm hoping to kick start alphabet date and get my lazy bum move to do some exercise this month. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that you're doing monthly goals! i went through and organized my blog files over the weekend and got them all cleaned up. it's so nice starting a new year folder and having my blog folder all cleaned up after a long year!

    getting this cup helped me remember to drink water! something about the straw made all the difference. http://www.shopbando.com/product/bando-sip-sip-tumbler-straw?display=2097

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that using a camelbak water bottle is super helpful!


    p.s. I love your blog, and i applied to BU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a good idea! I'm trying to drink at least a bottle of water shortly after waking up and a bottle before bed. Thanks for your well wishes towards my scholarship applications and good luck on your exercise goals! I have a feeling that exercising will be one of my goals next month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made my 2015 blogging folder this week and it felt sooooo good to have a neat, organized folder! I have a camelbak and I love it because it has a squishy mouthpiece thingy that I can chew on which for some reason makes me drink more water? (I'm also the kind of person who chews on straws like a madman) I think my main problem is that i never remember to fill up my water bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never accomplish any of my "annual" resolutions, so setting monthly goals is such a smart idea!
    By the way, you have an adorable blog. :)
    (x)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drinking more water is always a goal of mine too! It's something I forget about but is so important. xo

    EsraSevgi.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so funny you say that because I found I drink the most water when I use a camelbak too! No way! And thank you so much, I love yours as well!(: xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yayyy for posting more often! :D And I'll totally have to grab one of those water bottles now! (:

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio