Monday, January 19, 2015

Things I Liked in 2014: Tops

Monday, January 19, 2015
When it comes to tops, I've been keeping it pretty simple. Instead of focusing on owning a rainbow assortment of shirts, I've been focusing a lot more on the fit, texture, and pattern of all the tops I wear. Chambray is obviously a no brainer and I've been wearing it a ton here (and here and here) on the blog. Nearly all of my tight fitting tops have been tucked away and replaced with looser fitting shirts like this one from Everlane (I'll probably do a review on these shirts because I love them oh so much), and I'm also very much in love with the few button down shirts I own because they can easily be dressed up or down.

I've recently discovered that boxy cut tees and sweaters work well for my body type, especially because all the pants and shorts I wear have a skinny/tight fit. A boxy cut top for me looks effortlessly cool and is easily jazzed up with a fun necklace or layered under a cardigan. My tank top collection is lacking and I'd love to get some nice tank tops that can not only be worn in the brutal Texas summers, but that can also be paired with a fitted skirt or nice pants to create a more polished and formal outfit. I feel like my wardrobe wouldn't be complete if I didn't add at least a few more button downs to it. They're just so dang practical and easy to style and wear!

Have y'all noticed a change in what kind of shirts you wear? Do you favor certain colors, patterns, or textures over another? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments down below, and make sure to check out the beauty things I liked in 2014!

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio