Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Almost There

Tuesday, December 16, 2014
One semester down, one more to go! It's crazy to see how fast senior year has gone. I've submitted four college applications, and should submit the last two sometime this week. A lot of my friends have started to get accepted into colleges which is really exciting for them! but it adds to my anxiety because I won't hear back from most places until April. I spend too much time thinking about the future, and I really trying to be more in the present and cherish the last few months of high school. I feel like I've grown up so much in the past few months. 

Aside from college, there's another big change that's happening in a few months... we're moving! My parents decided that now would be a good time to upgrade and move into a house that better suits their needs, and come next april/may we'll be packing up the house we've lived in for the past 15 years and be moving into a shiny, new home. I'm incredibly excited and so proud of my parents and I think I spend way too much time thinking about how I want to decorate my room, which I'll only be in for a few months before I go off to college. I have a lot of clutter in my room, and I'm constantly thinking of ways to minimize and downsize. 

There hasn't been too many outfit posts on the blog lately, and the main reason for that is because I kinda sorta really dislike most of the clothes in my closet. Ideally, I would cycle between the same five outfits everyday because I've learned to accept that I like what I like, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It may be all the minimalist blogs I've been reading, or the fact that my closet in the new house is significantly smaller that what I'm used to (downsizing from having a walk-in closet all my life to having a normal wall closet, pray for me, y'all), but I have a sudden urge to purge at least half of my closet. I'm thinking about using something like poshmark (or something similar, suggestions?)  to sell all the nicer, gently used items I own. I have my eye on a few pieces from everlane, and I figure that what ever I make from selling off clothes can be funneled into a wardrobe fund to purchase some nice quality items that I can wear everyday. 

I always seem to neglect my blog when December rolls around, maybe I'll do a little post with blogs I've been loving, or some posts that have caught my eye?


2 comments :

  1. Way to go girl, finishing those college applications is such a relief! Also, congrats on the shiny new house. I myself have a wall closet and I still don't know how I do it, my clothes just end up everywhere. But if you haven't visited Uptown Cheapskate yet, sell your clothes there! In my experience, they take way more than Plato's or Buffalo. New favorite store of the year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, Melissa! I've heard lots about Uptown Cheapskate, but I've yet to visit. I'll have to stop by some time!

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio