Friday, September 11, 2015

Two Weeks in NYC

Friday, September 11, 2015
Somehow I've managed to make it two weeks in the city without dying or wanting to come home. It's been a busy and hectic few weeks, but I'm glad to say that I've settled into some sort of routine, whether I like it or not. This post is gonna be kinda long, so grab a cup of tea or coffee or something and enjoy some snapshots from my first few weeks in new york.


It just so happened that me and my friend Michael we're flying out to new york on the same day. We're going to school about an hour away from each other so we plan to have monthly brunches which I really look forward to.
Grabbed coffee and met up with some of my brothers friends at Hope's Garage in Williamsburg. They have the kindest, funniest workers and a great maple spiced latte. 
Did some tourist-y things with my parents before they left so I could spend time with them and so my mom could actually experience the city for the first time.
Move-in day was actually pretty painless. I only brought four suitcases and was probably unpacked in roughly an hour. 
My dorm may not have AC, but it does have a sweet rooftop that over looks 5th avenue which we get access to from time to time. 
Meet Ben! I met him because we're both FACES of NYU Welcome Week and we live in the same building. He's actually the most followed man on Wanelo and his eyelashes are beautiful.
Meet Zach! He's also from Texas so we're naturally bonded for life.
Meet Isabella! I swear she is Indiana's duplicate and she is so sweet and wonderful and I love her.
The Welcome Week team made buttons with the faces of the FACES on them which is super adorable and I currently have one taped to my desk because #vanity
Getting into the team spirit with my cohort before heading to Central Park for field day! 
Casual picture with my buddy John. NO BIG DEAL.
Went to the US Open and got to watch Roger Federer play because it was part of orientation for my school. Ugh, college is the woooorst. (kidding)
More friends! Meet Juju and Andrew. They're cute. I like them a lot.
These shoes make me feel powerful and very New York. They also hurt to walk in for a long period of time which is a bummer.
My go-to "going out look": any assortment of clothes + red lipstick. Works every time.
Ended Welcome Week with a 5-hour "Festi-Ball" and I couldn't feel my feet for days.
Fresh lemonade from a stand at a market in the park.
My nightly view on the walk home.
Meet Nikki! I actually met her about two years ago in Boston while we were both touring Boston University and we somehow ended up getting into Stern and going to NYU and she is one of my best friends and I'm very grateful for her.
I stumbled upon some home decor places in SoHo and found some really affordable items to help decorate and organize my desk!
I really love these rain boots, and pictures of my shoes apparently? Also, LEAVES??!??
Shot at the High Line with Ashley for a bit and then grabbed dinner from Num Pang in Chelsea Market. I could get used to this routine. 

So far, I guess you could say that New York has been treating me pretty well. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio