Ahhh! This is my first blog post coming straight from New York City! As y'all probably know, I moved to NY about a week ago for college and it's been stressful, and exciting, and wonderful, and busy all at the same time. I'm still trying to figure out a schedule that works for me and a way to balance homework/blogging/friends/exploring/self-care/everything else. Hopefully I should have up a post and a video or two kinda going over this past week or so!
There's a faculty member who lives in the penthouse of my dorm and every once in awhile she opens up her place and hosts students. She let us up there for Labor Day and trust me, she has the best view out of anyone in our entire building. She has a perfect view of the Empire State Building, the One World Trade Center, the beautiful church across the street, and watching the sun set over the city is always a sight to see.
Before heading to this rooftop party, I spent part of my day wandering around Soho and meeting up with people so I wanted to wear something that was simple, but still very put together and "cool girl-esque" I picked up this top on an early adventure to Soho from Topshop and I'm very tempted to get it in more colors! On the hanger it looks like a bib for a small child, but with a high waisted skirt it shows the right amount of skin and makes me feel stellar. Add a swipe of red lipstick and some oversized sunglasses and it makes me feel, and hopefully look, like an official new yorker. Ain't that neat?





No comments :
Post a Comment