I've always loved rain, but I get even more excited for when it rains because it means I get to wear my shiny new rain boots. I got these a day or two before I moved to New York and they are probably one of my best purchases to date. I can splish splash all the way to class and walk through the city without the fear of getting my socks wet or ruining a pair of shoes. A few weeks ago I met up with Ashley at the High Line, which is a place that I definitely need to explore more, just to shoot a bit and hangout. The place was pretty empty since we went in the evening on a weekday and it had been raining all day, but I'd love to go again when the weather is a bit nicer!
I'm still trying to figure out how to put together outfits here in the city. I feel pretty solid in my style taste and knowing what I like and don't like, but the weather here is pretty finicky and I have to take into consideration where I'll be all day and how much I'll be walking around. As far as outfits go, this one is pretty solid. My favorite white tee, dark wash denim, rain boots with fun socks, and my favorite part, my J.Crew Factory Field Jacket. This jacket is SO DANG PRACTICAL. The buttons make it look very fancy, it's a good layering piece and keeps me warm on cooler days, and the pockets are a perfect place to stash my phone, ID, and wallet if I just need to run to CVS or the dining hall quickly. I know for a fact that this was purchased from the J.Crew outlet, but it is identical to the version from the retail store. The version of this jacket on the J.Crew Factory website differs slightly and has a drawstring waist instead, but the functionality and look are essentially the same!
Sorry for being so MIA lately over here on the blog, I've yet to find someone who can consistently take blog pictures for me and adjusting to college life and school has been quite a handful.














No comments :
Post a Comment