happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear toyosi, happy birthday to me.
Today I turn the big 1-8 which means that I am legally an adult even though I have a high affinity for things like chocolate milk and blowing bubbles. When I was seventeen I had wrists like steel and I felt complete, but now that I'm eighteen adulthood and the responsibilities that come with it are quickly approaching I could not be more excited/terrified.
I just wanna say a quick thank you to all the people who have had any impact on my life. For better or for worse every person I've met has helped to shape me into who I am today. I am a strong woman who is about to move to New York to go to the college of my dreams and I know that I would have never reached this point without quite a few helping hands. Thank you for the constant words of encouragement and affirmation and for the hugs and kisses and the "oh I thought you should see this" or the "this reminded me of you!" Y'all are the bees knees.
Now go eat a slice of cake (or cheesecake, i'm not picky) or wear something from j.crew in my honor.

No comments :
Post a Comment