I would like to point out that the title of this post is not a comment on the quality of the clothing items that are featured in this post, I can understand your confusion and I'd like to say that so far everything I'm wearing has held up quite nicely and is in fact of quality. Now I can imagine that you are all sitting at your desks wondering why is this post called "Made Ok"? We'll you see, I put this outfit on my body and the second I looked in the mirror I thought "I look like I stepped straight outta a Madewell catalogue!" but here's the catch–– nothing I'm wearing is Madewell but it looks like it could be, so I guess you could say it's Made ok...
*ba dum tss*
Anyways, enough with me trying to be funny let's talk about this outfit. I am 110% certain that this look has been featured in a Madewell catalogue or will be in the near future. Y'all know about my deep love for J.Crew (including the sweater that may lead to their demise), and one may think that my love would transfer over to their sister company Madewell too. I love Madewell and their aesthetics and styling but it just doesn't feel like me. Every once in awhile I think it's good to try something different and that exactly what this outfit is.
I ditched my boxy shirts and button downs for a more feminine and organic black tank top. My trusty pink cross body bag was traded for a canvas backpack from TOMS, and for the first time in a long time I wore a belt (which was taken from my brother, but that's irrelevant right now). It's simple and neutral which it right up my alley, but it made me realize that a loose top with a loose pair of shorts does not work on my thin frame. If I'm gonna repeat this outfit in the future, I'll definitely have to pair this top with a pair of more fitted shorts or some skinny jeans.
I've told myself that I am a strict "t-shirt and button down" kind of gal, but this silky tank has totally changed my mind. I don't see my closet becoming overloaded with silky tanks and pretty blouses anytime soon, but it's a style that's kinda new for me and makes me feel really pretty and feminine which is hard to do when you have the body shape of a lanky 12 year old boy. I'm seriously considering picking up another silky tank top in white, and maybe a fun color like a rich emerald or a punchy orange? I can't wait to wear this top with an outfit that feels a bit more like myself. To all my fancy ladies out there, what are some of your favorite ways to wear silky tank tops? I need some inspo!








No comments :
Post a Comment