Monday, April 7, 2014

Everyday Makeup Products

Monday, April 7, 2014

 I found this cute little bag in the dollar section at Target. It also came with a smaller pouch which I use for miscellaneous items in my backpack. I like the vivid colors, and the fact that the inside is lined makes it a perfect makeup bag!
 I've have pretty good skin, and can get away with not wearing much face makeup. Concealer is a must because I never sleep enough. I bought the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Cafe as a birthday present to myself, and I've been using it for the past few months. It's a bit pricey, but it looks natural, and really brightens my under eyes. I'll occasionally use a powder on days where I want to look extra nice. I've been using my Mom's MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC45, it's getting to be a bit to light for me, but it works for those days when I want some extra coverage. Last would have to be my MAC Blush in Fever. I picked this up over the summer and it really adds more dimension and color to my face.
I keep my eyes super simple and usually stick to winged eyeliner, some mascara, and a swipe of eyeshadow when I'm feeling fancy. MAC Showstopper Eyeshadow (limited edition) works well as an eyebrow color, and also works for a lazy girl smoky eye. I sweep a bit of this on the outer corner of my lid when I want something a bit more intense. I've been using the Great Lash mascara for a bit, and while it's not the best I've used, it still works pretty well. My eyelashes are super curly (and not in a good way) that I mainly use mascara to make my lashes look darker, rather than to add length of volume. I've yet to find the perfect felt tip eyeliner, but I've been using the Jordana Fabuliner. It works okay, but I wish it was more pigmented.
Last would be lips! My lips have little color and are always dry, so lip products have quickly become my favorite makeup item. I hate hate hate wearing lipgloss, so I stick to lipstick and chapstick. Relvon's lipstick in Abstract Orange is my go-to for everyday. It's an orange-red with a bit of shimmer, and it helps to warm up my face without making my teeth look too yellow. I love the Sephora Color Lip Last in Royal Raspberry (review here). I either apply a tiny bit and mix it with chapstick for a sheer wash of color, or I'll slather my lips with this bright fuchsia hue to make a statement. I've also been using the Nivea kiss of cherry chapstick, and while I like the red tint it has, it isn't very moisturizing.

That's all I use to look semi-decent in the morning! I love the idea of a minimal beauty routine, and this post from Into Mind is incredibly helpful. Are you more of a beauty junkie, or a minimalistic kind of gal?

2 comments :

  1. I'm definitely a minimalistic girl! I only use a brow pencil, liquid eyeliner, and (if I remember) chapstick on a daily basis. I think I'd definitely like to learn how to properly apply eyeshadow though.
    Also love how neat & clean your photos look (:

    Ashley
    http://not-haute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac! Have you tried some of their lipsticks? Their colors are pretty fabulous. I'm definitely a minimalist kinda girl when it comes to makeup. I usually use Mac for lipsticks, bare minerals for my skin in the winter and tarte for my eyes. I lovvvve Tarte's eye products.

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio