You wanna know what really sucks?
Being denied the internship that you spent almost three months getting super excited about.
I applied for an internship that would have me working with a local nonprofit for eight weeks over the summer. My summer break is only eight weeks, but I was super excited to be able to do something useful with my time, rather than spend everyday at home. I applied last minute because I didn't know about it until a week before applications were due, but I felt super confident that I would get it. So when I got an email telling me that I wasn't what they're were looking for, I was devastated. And when I say devastated, I mean like crying in bed at 8pm on a friday night kinda devastated. I felt like I wasn't good enough, and I realized that waiting for college letters next winter is gonna be hell if I'm gonna tear myself up every time I get rejected. And as I laid in bed, I tried to think of all the things I did wrong, and then I realized that I'm kinda sorta really awesome.
Just because I wasn't what they were looking for does not mean that I am a spec of dirt.
The fact that someone else cannot comprehend my worth, does not mean that I'm worthless.
I am an intelligent, creative, innovative human being, and you can bet your bottom dollar that I am going places.

#ayeeeeeeeeeeeee that's my girl!
ReplyDeleteyou're a baller. they are missing OUT. i will always be a reference for you if you need it, though i'm sure linda and indiana have that spot filled already!
ReplyDeletealso, you should check out https://www.girlsguild.com/! it's apprenticeships for girls, by women in the community! i know a couple of people who have used the website to get really sweet opportunities. it seems like a perfect match, since you're so sweet yourself.
xo nicole
writeslikeagirlblog.com
Toy, you are super awesome!
ReplyDelete