Look what the cat dragged in... I took a rather impromptu departure for about two three weeks, which I'm pretty sure is the longest I've been without blogging. With the semester drawing to a close, all my teachers got the fabulous idea to give us a crap ton of projects and papers. Me being the wise one that I am, failed to schedule any posts to go live during these hectic last weeks, resulting in radio silence over here on Standard T.
While I wasn't blogging, I spent a good portion of my time being stuck at my uncle's house when my parents were out of town, staying up doing work, and crying over physics, but we won't talk about that last one.
I'm the kind of kid that constantly worries about rankings, my gpa, SAT prep, and getting into the college I want. I'll stay up all night and survive on coffee alone, I'll rush to finish essays and turn them in right before they're due, and I'll always keep tabs on my ranking, because if I'm not in the top 10% (which is only 6 people, mind you), I'm basically a piece of lint on that ugly sweater you got for christmas three years ago.
I didn't turn in my english paper that was worth 10% of my quarter grade because I literally couldn't get my thoughts out no matter how much I tried or cried, but I managed to survive physics, rock my Pre-AP pre-cal final (only God knows how I got 100 on that one), and barely pass my AP bio final with a 76. As far as i'm concerned, I finished the semester emotionally stable which is a HUGE improvement from the week leading up to finals. I got to the point where I stopped caring about my grades because I was under so much pressure to do well, mainly from myself, that I couldn't handle it.
I know I said that I wanted to end this year with a bang, but I think this year is gonna end with a sizzle at best. But hey, 2014 is a new year, maybe I'll actually get my ish together.
Maybe.







I feel it! Sometimes school can really ruin a great blogging moment... but don't let it get the best of you! Miss reading your posts..
ReplyDeleteGemi
gemsbabble.blogspot.com