Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Wednesday, December 26, 2012
With 2012 quickly ending, everyone is making their new years resolutions. There is a very good chance that most of us won't keep up with the resolutions we made. The only way I can actually keep up with my goals is if I'm made accountable of them. If everyone knows your goals and you don't achieve them? Embarrassing. By posting my goals, I'm forcing myself to actually do them.

1. Go Natural
I've been flip-flopping on this idea for awhile. Do I stay relaxed or do I try to get of the creamy crack and go natural? (For those of you who don't know, a relaxer, aka creamy crack, is a chemical cream that is used to permanently make your hair straight.) I finally decided to take the plunge and go natural. I will definitely blog more about this as the year goes on!

2. Be a Consistent Blogger
As much as I love blogging, I sometimes let other things or even laziness take over and prevent me from blogging as much as I would like. I have a million blog ideas but it takes forever for me to actually put pen to paper or in this case finger to keyboard. My blog as really improved in the past week and I have no intentions of slowing down.

3. Make My Passion My Job
I love blogging and designing little things and editing pictures. If I can make my passion my job, then I know I've made it. Simple as that.

4. Get Camera Equipment
The only camera items I have right now are my Canon t3i and the kit lens that comes with it. With my brother being a professional photographer (he does video and design as well!) I've kinda turned into a camera geek myself! I dream of new lenses and photoshop filters. I most definitely want to purchase a new lens sometime next year and maybe some better lights for when I get into making videos. I don't know what exact lens I want yet, but I want to get it in 2013 so that I can have better quality pictures!

5. Get My License
Next year, on August 10th, I will finally be turning 16! I haven't started drivers ed so I don't think I will actually get my license on my birthday unfortunately. With my license, it will be a lot easier to make some trips to H&M, Target, or American Apparel ;)

6. Document Everything
Hello Camera, my name is Toyosi and we are going to be best friends this year. I am determined to have my camera by my side at all times! I always have "end of the year videos" in my subscription box like this one or this one and I instantly regret not documenting all the great and wonderful experiences and memories from the year.

7. Explore.
2013 is gonna be a year of adventures. Whether it be exploring hidden places in Austin or venturing out of the state or even the country. If everything works out, and by Gods grace it will, my family and I are going to go visit family in London and Ireland and I really want to stop by in France for a bit. Adventure is out there.

*This is a submission to the IFB project

3 comments :

  1. OMG you turn 16 the day after me :) Unfortunately I live in the UK so can't drive until I turn 17 in 2014 but I wish you good luck with it. I love your blog and I'm following. Hope you achieve all these <3

    http://thechicmuse000.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I hope we both achieve our goals!

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio