My name is Standard, T. S-T-A-N-D-A-R-D.
It's a stretch, but I'm really hoping that at least one of y'all got that reference, so I don't look like a total idiot.
Anyways, Standard T got a make over!...again. If you've been reading for a while then you've probably seen many forms of Standard T. I do all my blog design myself, and I'm notorious for making a blog design, falling in love with it, and then changing it mere months later. Although I liked my past design, I felt like it was a bit so feminine for me. The light pink and cursive font were really pretty, but not really my taste. As a personal blog, I felt like my design should be a better representation of who I am.
I've loved watercolors for a long time, and I'm starting to get back into painting, so I felt like that would make a good graphic element. Plus the coffee (or tea) mug stain makes my blog name a play on words, standard t(ea). Color wise, I wanted something that could look really mature and classic, but could also be fun and playful. I'm still young, but most would say that I'm mature for my age and thats a facet of my personality that I really admire and want to reflect. As for fonts, I love the messy brush font, it's perfectly imperfect. I've always loves sans serif, modern fonts like futura, and I thought baskerville worked well to tie it all together.
Hope y'all are enjoying the new design! If anything looks off or wonky, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I really want to do another post detailing how I go about doing a blog redesign, so If you have any questions, feel free to leave 'em in the comments!

girllll, it is beauteous! <3 lovin' the colors...
ReplyDeletethank you! I went through about eight different color palettes before I decided on this one!
ReplyDeletelooks amazing to me! i love the fresh colour palette and watercolour marks. you are seriously SO talented. :)
ReplyDelete