Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fall Shopping List

Wednesday, September 24, 2014
1//2//3//4//5
Y'all, as of yesterday it is officially fall which means that I'll hopefully be filling in the few holes I have in my fall wardrobe. Fall is definitely the best season in terms of food, fashion, and weather and you better believe that I plan on looking sharp in these cooler months.

1// Chelsea Boots
Y'all know my love for my ankle boots, but I think that chelsea boots are a nice alternative because they typically don't have a heel and are more practical for everyday wear. The ankle boots I have are suede, and as much as I love suede shoes, leather is much more practical especially when rain puddles and mud come into the picture.

2//Sweaters
They don't call it sweater weather for nothing. I only own two nice sweaters and both of them aren't suitable for layering over button downs. Sweaters+button downs is easily one of my favorite looks for fall, so I'm really on the hunt for a few in some basic colors, or a bright red if I'm feeling adventurous, that I can easily layer with other things.

3//Black Pants
I have been obsessed with wearing black pants lately. I think that they look much sleeker and more put together than a pair of jeans. These pants from J.Crew Factory are the most comfortable thing I have ever put on my body and one of these days I really need to pick them up in black. I'm also on the hunt for some high-waisted black pants that don't collect lint like no man's business.

4//Button Downs
Gotta get some button downs to layer underneath my new sweaters! Whether you pair them under a sweater, cuffed with a cardigan, or as is, I feel like button downs are perfect for fall weather and I may or may not like to pretend like I'm some Colombia undergrad student roaming across New York City on the search for the perfect coffee shop to work in as I watch the rain fall outside the window while sipping on a pumpkin spice latte. Plus, button downs remind me of Ezra Koenig from Vampire Weekend and y'all know how I feel about him. *heart eyes emoji*

5//Oversized Cardigans
Cardigans are something I can't live without. As someone who is perpetually cold, I have a cardigan with me at all times. Neither rain, nor snow, nor 100+ degree weather will stop me from wearing one. I have quite a few from Gap, but I'm really looking for some slouchy cardigans that would be perfect with dresses or for lounging around the house and running errands.

That concludes my pretty simple list! Is there anything that you're currently wishing for this fall season?

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio