Saturday, June 1, 2013

New York Shopping List

Saturday, June 1, 2013
In exactly six days, I will be in the City of York, you know, the new one. Despite this being my third trip there, I've never really experienced New York. The first time we went I think I was in 3rd grade so I obviously didn't really pay attention to anything. The only thing I remember was eating Haagen Dazs on the boardwalk even with the wind and chilly temperature. The second time, was about 3 years ago when we went up there for the weekend. I think the only time we saw the city was when we were flying in, we spent our only free day in New Jersey to visit family. 

It's time to redeem myself.

I've got a game plan, I know what I want to buy, and where I want to go.
New York, I will conquer you.

Yes, that shirt is from the boys section, but women's button downs never fit me. Gingham has been the new print that everyone's obsessed with. Button downs are one of the most versatile items to have. You can wear them as a shirt, peeking out of sweaters, or you can wear it open like a cardigan. You better believe that I'm gonna be looking through the boys section at every store for the perfect gingham shirt.

I've been feeling extra girly lately, and I've wanted to buy every dress I come in contact with. Dresses are much easier to style and make you look more put together. Plus, you can walk around telling people that you're not wearing pants.

I don't care what people say, jeggings are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Although jeggings are the best gift to mankind, they're usually thinner than regular jeans which is a problem come fall and winter. A thicker pair of jeans would be a welcomed addition to my two pairs of jeggings, which are the best things ever, if I didn't mention that already.

My brother has brought it to my attention that the only shoes I wear now are my oxfords or converse. I remember when I was obsessed with flats. All of my shoes now are either black or blue, and most of my closet is black, white, or blue. See the problem? Flats, like the ones pictured from H&M, come in a ton of colors for reasonable prices so I figure that they would be helpful for some added color.

I'm not lying when I say that I have never owned a pair of sandals. Two dollar flip flops from Old Navy? Yes, real sandals? No. I love those sandals pictured because they combined neon and neutral, two of my favorite things in the world (besides jeggings).

Because I like feeling girly and not wearing pants. Next.

99% of the time my hair is up in a bun. After years of chemical treatments and hot tools, my hair is extremely damaged and I'm trying to not put too much stress on it. Buns get boring real fast. My hair is short so there's only so many things I can do to it. Headbands have always been my go to item for making my hair look presentable without spending forever styling it.

Or a denim jacket for that matter. Let's face it, chambray is everywhere. Like a pair of jeans, it goes with anything and can be dressed up or down.

So that's my list! Is anyone else planning on doing some major shopping in a different city anytime soon?

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio