Monday, June 10, 2013

Airport Sweater Weather

Monday, June 10, 2013

Sweater: H&M | Jeans: PacSun | Shoes: Converse
*First three photos by Melements

It wouldn't be summer without a proper family vacation. My dad, brother, and I packed out bags and set off for the Austin Airport around 4 AM on last Friday. Naturally, my brother and I didn't sleep a wink, using pure adrenaline and half a red bull to keep us up. If I could, I would travel at least once a month. I love airports, and I love airplanes even more. The careful packing and religiously checking the weather a week prior, confirming every two minutes that I have my passport and boarding pass and that they didn't magically slip out of my backpack.

Our plane from Austin led us to the Houston-Hobby Airport, which is where these pictures were taken. First of all, I would like to say that the Houston Airport is the coldest airport I have ever been in. I always get cold on planes and in public places in general, and the weather in New York was wet and a bit chilly, which prompted me to wear a sweater on our adventure to the empire state. I don't and will never understand how I can be perfectly fine when I'm 20,000+ feet in the air, but the second I walk through the terminal, I'm freezing my tush off.

After an hour delay in Houston, we set off LaGuardia. It was raining quite heavily when we arrived so my sweater came in handy. I also packed a jacket with a hood so I wouldn't get wet. I've only been here since Friday, but I've done quite a bit. I've gotten my dad and I from the Brooklyn Bridge to Central Park, then Fifth Avenue, and finally all the way home in Brooklyn, I went to a beautiful wedding and partied on a rooftop at Steiner Studios, I got to see my dream school and a ton of other fancy stuff.

As cliche as this sounds, I love New York, and I never want to leave.

To see more pictures, check out my Tumblr.

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio