Leopard Print
Leopard print is one of those prints that can either be really tasteful, or really trashy (ex. Snooki's house). The trick to pulling off leopard print is to only use it in small doses like a scarf, or ballet flats. I love my leopard print scarf to death because it's neutral color palette goes with almost anything while the print adds some fun and texture. I've also seen a lot of bloggers wearing leopard print loafers and flats which conjures up memories of the leopard flats I had in fifth grade. That's right. I had style in fifth grade.
Chambray
If you didn't see this one coming, then you must be living under a rock. Chambray, which is essentially a fancier name for a lightweight denim material, has been extremely popular as of late. Something about it's carefree, relaxed vibe makes it versatile and easy to wear for almost any occasion.
Maxi Everything
Maxi skirts and dresses have really grown on me since I bought my first skirt at express last year. For anyone seeking out that bohemian vibe, maxi items are a must! I can't stand to wear maxi skirts and dresses in the Texas summers because of all the fabric, but I think it's perfect for the cooler spring days and they keep you covered during the chilly spring nights. And the best part about maxi skirts and dresses? You don't have to shave! Just kidding! (Not really...)
Black and White
Despite the fact that bright colors, like coral and yellow, are commonly associated with spring, black and white are becoming increasingly popular. I love the black and white trend because it works well with bright lips and accessories. Due to the simple color palette, the b/w trend focuses more on patterns, shapes, and textures to keep it interesting.
Bright Lips + Fresh Face + Full Lashes
I know this one isn't fashion related but bear with me. I love anything simple and fresh for spring makeup. Anytime I see a girl with dewy skin, simple eyes and a bright lip I literally melt inside. If only I could have flawless skin and long, full lashes (eff you hyper-pigmentation and tangled lashes. Effff youuu..). I really like long lashes paired with a simple cat eye and maybe even a brightening inner corner color. It adds the right amount of definition without being too over the top and allows for the focus to be pulled towards the bright lips that everyone should rock this spring.
One trend that you may have noticed that I left out was florals. But c'mon, Florals? For spring?
I couldn't have said it any better Meryl.
This post is a submission to IFB Project #88
One trend that you may have noticed that I left out was florals. But c'mon, Florals? For spring?
I couldn't have said it any better Meryl.
This post is a submission to IFB Project #88





Love this post, however for spring I actually am cliche and flaunt my florals <3 Totally agree with the chambray and maxi trend however.
ReplyDeletehttp://dressingwithdesire.blogspot.com/