YOU GUYS.
I did the thing! Last Friday I walked the stage and said goodbye to my high school years. I've been counting down since the beginning of the school year, but once the last day of school rolled around, I wasn't ready to say goodbye.
I've mentioned it once or twice, but I went to a small charter school and I went there from kindergarten all the way to senior year. That's thirteen years y'all. THIRTEEN. With a graduating class on 55, with many who I've grown up with, saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I've ever done. The last day of school was spent with excessive amounts of tears running down my face. We were all sobbing and holding each other and because I am the worst with feelings I spent what seems like forever walking around all my old classrooms, clutching my box of tissues saying repeatedly "I'm so sad. I don't want it to end."
But enough with my sob story, graduation day was met with butterflies in my stomach and plenty of excitement– okay and maybe a tear or two. From buying my dress the day before and rushing to straighten my hair only to have it poof up in the humidity, to zipping up my gown and fixing my cap, the entire day felt so surreal. But alas, graduation was really real and I'm excited to see what happens next in my life. I'm thankful for all you wonderful people who were willing to follow me through this weird, and confusing phase of life and I hope you'll stick around as I go through an even weirder and more confusing phase of life.
Some cuddles and tears with a friend for thirteen years.
I was super lucky to get a small scholarship that my school offers! This is hopeful the first of many
Me and my best friend graduated the same day! I've know her my entire life and this fall we're getting ready to start our lives on opposite coasts. She'll be going to UCLA for her master's and I'll be at NYU.
My K-1 teacher came for my graduation and I was so thrilled to see her after all these years!
My 2-3 teacher also came and she is so precious and adorable.
My kicksky-wicksy partner in crime who is leaving me in a few weeks *insert crying emoji*
tight hug+a smooshed nose






















No comments :
Post a Comment