Monday, April 20, 2015

adventure time

Monday, April 20, 2015
Oh hello there! Long time no talk?

I'd be lying if I said that I haven't been feeling a bit burned out and overwhelmed lately, but I mean, I basically feel like that all the time. With AP tests coming up, scholarship deadlines, a yearbook deadline (I stayed at school until midnight just to finish making the last yearbook of my high school career #dedication), and just school in general, the blog has been on a bit of a hiatus (again).

A few weeks ago, my brother graciously let me tagalong on a shoot he was doing, which led us on a downtown adventure searching for urban alleyways and cool streets to take pictures. It was only for a few hours, and the weather was ridiculously humid, but being able to have those few hours and spend it with some cool people doing something I really love, was exactly what I needed.

I can't do everything.

It's impossible, I can do everything on my to-do list or do everything I aspire to do. It's not good for my mental, emotional, or physical health. These past few weeks I have been running around like a headless chicken, getting into and doing everything all at once without taking a moment to stop. breathe. and think.

I need to remember to ignore everything every once in a while and take a moment to get lost in something I enjoy. My responsibilities will always be there– my sanity, will not. Especially if I continue to let every aspect of my life stress me out to the max. 

I need to be okay with getting lost, and wandering around. I need to explore every nook and cranny or my neighborhood and city. I need to eat a absolutely delicious and incredibly unhealthy donut for dinner. I need to tell myself that everything is gonna be okay, because once I have a change to rest, and to relax, I can be the best me that I can be. 

And that's always more than enough.

2 comments :

  1. "I need to remember to ignore everything every once in a while and take a moment to get lost in something I enjoy. My responsibilities will always be there– my sanity, will not."
    Amen! I'm also a high school senior, and somebody asked me if I was enjoying being almost done with school. I said I might be once I got past a few deadlines! This post is a good reminder to stop and smell the roses (I mean, eat some ice cream or a doughnut ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that it's consistent across every school ever for the yearbook staff to essentially live at the school. That's how I ended up having 2 junior bacon cheese burgers, fries, and a frosty almost every Tuesday and Thursday night of senior year....

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio