Monday, January 4, 2016

January Small Goals

Monday, January 4, 2016
2016 is gonna be the year I somewhat get my life together y'all. It's gonna happen– I can feel it. I've never really been the type to set goals and actively work towards them but hopefully this will be the year that I can come a step closer to becoming the ultimate goal setter and achiever. Resolutions are not my thing (honestly, are they anyones thing?) so I'm following Nicole's lead and setting some small monthly goals for myself to work towards! I've got another 3 weeks at home and a nifty planner en route to my house so I'm hoping that this month I can ease into a more organized and ambitious lifestyle that I'll hopefully keep up all year round!

1. File my taxes and fill out my FAFSA | 2015 was the year I got my first job which means that taxes are a thing I have to do now. I also need to fill out my FAFSA for the 16-17 school year as soon as possible! NYU is quite a financial burden, so the sooner I get this done the more relieved I'll feel and the more time I'll have to seek more outside scholarships. I'm trusting that the next school year will bring even more financial aid than this year so me and my family can breathe a little bit easier. 

2. Post at least twice a week (M/Th) | posting consistently has always been one of my biggest struggles with blogging. This blog is something that I really love and want to continue to grow and pursue so this month I'm trying to be a bit stricter with myself when it comes to posting. I already have my schedule set for the month and my mini goal is to always be a week ahead with scheduled posts. I think it really helps that I now have someone helping me plan content because I feel like she keeps me accountable. 

3. Use my blog Facebook more | I honestly don't even know the last time I used my blog Facebook! This month I want to really focus on using it more often to see if it helps at all with the amount of people reading the blog and attracting new people. If my numbers grow, I'll work or keeping up with it. If not, then I just won't worry about it. 

4. Do something with my writing | I never thought I'd say this, but I have really been getting into writing. Nothing lengthy, but just writing short little tidbits and insights about life and such. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in reading them on the blog, but I'd love to at least make a plan on what to do with all the things I write. The past few weeks I started to feel really passionate about writing a short book of essays like my friend Jocelyn (book website here) and that's something that I think I'm gonna look into this month!

No comments :

Post a Comment

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio