Thursday, March 26, 2015

TxSC '15

Thursday, March 26, 2015

What a weekend.

The last and final Texas Style Council was very different and incredibly special in comparison to the previous conference. As a volunteer, the week was filled with plenty of sweat, mud, labor, and exhaustion, but it was also filled with overwhelming amounts of love, support, inspiration, knowledge, and sisterhood. 

Even four days later I'm still exhausted, and can barely put together the words to make this post, but I can say this: I did not go to TxSC to learn how to gain followers, or how to monetize my blog and work with big companies making big money. In fact, I feel confident saying that no one came to CAMP with that in mind, I went to CAMP seeking a community, and a community is exactly what I got. 

This weekend I connected with some wonderful, amazing, and empowering women. For one of our camp activities, we made two rows of people facing each other and all took turns walking down the line and having words of encouragement whispered into our ears.  and let me tell you, plentyyyy of tears were shed. Bloggers are a magical, extraordinary group of people and people you've know for a while, people you just met, and people who don't even know your name whisper words of encouragement in you ear like "strong", "unconquerable", or "badass" in your ear is a testament to how wonderful this community is. 

To be able to talk about what your passionate about and have others relate to you is a beautiful thing. TxSC reminded me why I started blogging almost 4 years ago and although I left the campgrounds with sore muscles, random scratches, and muddy shoes, I also left with a sense of empowerment, and a whole gang of blogger sisters. 

To sum up the weekend and my general views on blogging: "I'm not interested in competing with anyone. I hope we all make it. " And I hope we all continue to be beautiful, strong, unconquerable, badass women.

2 comments :

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio