Monday, February 3, 2014

Resolution Check-In: January

Monday, February 3, 2014
Long story short, I'm really bad at working towards accomplishing a goal. Let's see where I went wrong, and how I can work get back on track this month.
This was the only goal I accomplished this month. I posted two videos this month and I already have some videos planned for February. I did not, however, post those videos on my blog because I kept forgetting to, so that's something I need to work on for the following months. I think that video making will be pretty easy, the only thing is thinking of video ideas and trying to make videos that are helpful and visually appealing.
Although I technically didn't post twice a week, I published 12 posts in January. 12 posts over the span of 5 weeks equals 2.4 posts a week. I kinda accomplished this one, but I need to work on consistency. I need to get in the mind set of planning posts and publishing every couple days rather than skipping a whole week and posting daily to make up for it.
My friend lent me Looking For Alaska almost two months ago and I've been meaning to read it, but that obviously hasn't happened. Typically, once I get into a book, I can't stop. If I could find time to actually start a book, I bet I'd finish it in a heartbeat. Maybe setting aside some time before bed to read is just what I need to revive my love for reading. I also rearranged my books on my bookshelf and that's really encouraging me to buy more books in the future!
I already knew that this would be my hardest goal to accomplish. I really need to go get a planner to help me stay more organized. I've been writing my assignments/blogposts to write on a small whiteboard that I have, making sure to schedule some 10 minute breaks to get on Pinterest or twitter. It's been helpful, but I still don't have the diligence or focus to get through all my work in a timely manner. I think I might try waking up earlier to jumpstart my day and get work done. The early bird gets the worm, right?
I'm just proud that I actually made an attempt at this one. I typically enjoy working out once i get into the habit of it. My main problem was the fact that I had no schedule or plan so I quickly dismissed thoughts of working out because I had nothing to follow. I figure that if I tell myself that I'm gonna do squats and lunges on Mondays, or I'm gonna spend 30 minutes on Wii Fit every Thursday, I'll feel bad about missing a workout and be more inclined to actually do it. Also, we got a Sonos speaker system (which is amazing) and I could totally count dancing as a workout. 
I blame this on the fact that I didn't do anything this month. I mean, it's not like I had lunch at the Domain with my friends and gossiped in a tent at Dick's or went to a Fulbright dinner or anything. Seriously, the only time my camera sees the light of day is when I take it to my backyard to take outfit pictures. I need to get out of the house more and make sure to keep my camera on me at all times. I might actually have plans this weekend (shocker!) and you bet I'm gonna bring my camera with me.

So maybe January wasn't my month for resolutions. I still have 11 months to go! How are y'all doing with your resolutions?

1 comment :

  1. i think you rocked it out. it's only just now the second month--you have so much time to accomplish all of these things! you're really busy with being an awesome and way-too-smart teenager, so giving yourself some leniency is good. super excited to watch the videos you made when you get them up. as far as posting twice a week, maybe a calender would be helpful for you! instead of publishing your posts when you finish them, schedule them for later in the month. maybe thinking about what 8 posts you want for the month will be easier than thinking about the whole 28 days, and then you can work on each of the 8 and schedule them for days when you get a lot of traffic (or random days to figure out what days get the most traffic). if you end up with more than 8 posts, you can schedule them around your other "base" posts.


    xo nicole
    writeslikeagirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete

old blog | BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio